Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicago

Hi all!
I went on a trip to Chicago, from April 11th through the 13th, with my mother to visit Alexis. Alexis is an amazing fashion designer who asked if I could model her line. We got in around 4pm on Monday. That night we all went to the John Hancock building's signature lounge, were I enjoyed non-alcoholic martinis and a great view of the city at sunset.

Then at around 7:30pm we got take out at Giordanos, they have the best pizza in the world. While waiting for our food we went to the Nordstrom Rack on Rush Street. I got the coolest outfit. When we returned back at the apartment and ate our pizza. At midnight I was taken on an impromptu tour of Chicago. Going from West Madison and around the Loop and even by Lake Shore Drive.

I got up around eight and went to the Sofitel for breakfast. I had duex eggs with ham, and their bread was amazing. I believe they have the best hot chocolate in Chicago.

My mother and I walked around afterward. We decided to go back to Madison by taxi, and it was a cab ride from hell. When approuching Madison Ave from Wacker there is a street that runs underneath the train. Well the taxi driver was going about 60mph and got an inch away from hitting a pedestrian.

Tuesday we ate dinner at Lawry's. I had the prime rib english cut and it was amazing. Around 1am,  Alexis put me in her designs and we went out to shoot around Chicago (see these pics here).

The next day I was privigeled to meet: the head of  Galatea,  Marie P. Anderson, and the man in charge of its runway, Ryan Beshel. They talked to me for a while and this is the advice they gave me:
  • Be confident, "Fake it till you make it."
  • You are a product so sell yourself.
  • If you are 'vertically challegened' than invest your talents in acting. Actually this good for anyone, because it makes you more dynamic.
  • When you are asked, "What do you want to do when you grow up?" Do not answer, "I don't know," say, "I imaged myself working for you."
  • Do not let your guardian speak for you, 'they are not your secretary."
  • Also keep trying, listen to critism and try to improve yourself.
Then I had lunch and said goodbye to Lexi. I left at 4pm and stopped to visit family on the way home. I finally arrived back in the STL at 10:30pm!

XOXO
Stay Classy and Fabulous
Meghann

No comments:

Post a Comment

>What's up?<